Welcome to DatCatSM
The following is a summary of the changes that were made between legacy (2.x)
and current (3.0) versions of DatCat.
- description was moved to the new field abstract.
- All member data's creators were added to collection.
- All member data's formats were added to collection.
- All member data's keywords were added to collection.
- All member data's packages' keywords were added to collection.
- Description and creation process: If member data had values different
than the collection's, they were manually merged into collection's.
- Geographic location, network location, logistic location, platform,
URL (home page):
If collection's was not blank, it was kept, and the data's values
Otherwise, if all data had the same value, it was copied to the
collection; if not, one was chosen at random and prefixed
with "Sample text from data.name: ".
- Outer bounds of all member data's start and end times were copied
to the collection.
- All member data's packages' download locations were copied to
- All "note" and "corruption_note" annotations from member data and
member data's packages were copied to the collection. All other
annotations on data and packages were discarded.
- Data: all deleted.
- Packages: all deleted.
The catalog contains metadata about
in 204 collections/publications